25 Don’t Miss Christmas Classic Movies
From Thanksgiving to Christmas there will be many Christmas movies and specials on TV (classics like Rudolph, Frosty, Shrek, Charlie Brown and all the favorites). Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without our favorite Christmas movies to enjoy.
The fireplaces are starting to crackle. It may have even snowed once or twice were you live. Christmas is in the air. One of the great Christmas traditions is enjoying Christmas movies with your family around the Christmas tree.
This list of Christmas favorites focuses on many classic movies. Most of these movies are 25 years old or older. Only a few are more recent movies. The 1940’s and 1950’s produced some great classic Christmas movies we can all enjoy today. Christmas movies remind us of our humanity. They show us a life lesson that we can use all year long.
25 All-Time Favorite Christmas Movies
Note: this post includes affiliate links. I receive a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
- It’s A Wonderful Life (it’s the perfect Christmas Eve movie)
- Miracle on 34th Street (we can all believe there is a Santa Claus)
- Christmas in Connecticut
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol (for the little ones)
- White Christmas (after this movie, don’t we all wish for a white Christmas?)
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- A Christmas Carol (so many versions to choose)
- The Bishop’s Wife
- Holiday Inn
- The Shop Around the Corner
- The Polar Express
- Home Alone
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
- A Christmas Story
- It’s a Very Muppet Christmas Movie
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- National Lampoon’s Christmas
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Arthur Christmas
- Jack Frost
- The Santa Claus
- Pocket Full of Miracles
- While You Were Sleeping
- It Happened On 5th Avenue
Get out the popcorn and the warm cozy blankets. It’s time to snuggle up and enjoy some great classic Christmas movies.
This list would not be complete without your favorite Christmas movie too. What is your favorite Christmas Movie?
Thanks for this list. My favorite Christmas movie is Home Alone. My kids love it!