Easy Chili Recipe with a Hint of the South
Southern Crockpot Chili is one of my favorite recipes to make. It’s a hearty dinner and easy to make. It tastes best when it cooks all day in the slow cooker. Your family is sure to love it!
Chili is a fall and winter favorite, but it can be eaten year round and because it has so many variations it might not ever taste the same way twice. You can always adjust and test the seasonings and spices to find your personal favorite taste.
Note: This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. Read my disclosure policy here.
You can cook Chili on a stove on a very low setting, but it’s best slow cooked in a crockpot. Over the years, I have tried several crockpots, my favorite is the Ninja 3-in-1. The reason I love the Ninja 3-in-1 is because it’s more than just a crockpot. You can cook with it like a stovetop and bake like an oven. It also have a great buffet feature to keep your food hot without burning it.
Southern Crock pot Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans light red kidney beans
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Red Pepper to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef/ground turkey; chop onions and green peppers while the meat is browning
- Add all ingredients listed to your crock pot or Ninja 3-in-1 cooker (my favorite)
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Set to cook on “slow cook” on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
- Enjoy with your favorite crackers or Fritos