Warm-up with this Filling Vegetable Beef Soup
We make soups as a meal often at our house. Hearty soups like this Vegetable Beef Soup make a great meal because they are filling and can be adjusted for many tastes. With vegetable soups, you can add your favorite vegetables to come up with endless combinations and flavors.
I suppose many folks think that soups are more of a winter food for when it’s cold. We live in Florida, its always warm. We enjoy soups year round. Soups make a great meal and they are usually fast to prepare (a great bonus for busy moms).
Note: This post includes affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Recipe for Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb ground beef (browned)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (8 oz) or 1 can tomato sauce (12 oz)
- 4 Cups of Beef broth
- 1 can of black beans (or kidney beans if you prefer)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper diced (optional)
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 4-5 medium potatoes peeled and chopped to bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoons of garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef
- While the ground beef is browning, chop the peppers and onions.
- When the ground beef is browned, add all ingredients to your favorite crockpot or Ninja 3-in-1 Cooker.
- If you use a Ninja 3-in-1 Cooker, use the stovetop setting to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once you have reached a boil, change to slow cooker low and cook for 6-8 hours; or on high for 4-6 hours.
You can adjust this recipe many different ways. You can add different vegetables (such as spinach, cabbage, kale or any favorite family vegetable). You can also try different beans. I used black beans in this recipe, but you could also try kidney beans or garbanzo beans. Feel free to try mixing different vegetables and beans based on your family’s individual tastes.
You might also like: Southern Crockpot Chili
What vegetables does your family enjoy in their vegetable soup?
I love one pot meals and your soup looks yummy. Pinned!
Hi Michelle, I love to make one pot meals too. Easy to fix and easy clean-up!
Donna Reidland says
I love soups, especially this time of year, and this one looks simple and delicious. I can’t wait to try it out. Blessings!