A Unique Christmas Eve Tradition
Most families have a few special Christmas Eve traditions. Maybe your family gets together for a special meal or you attend a Christmas Eve candlelight service. Growing up, our family would have a dinner at my Grandmother’s house and we would exchange presents with cousins and family. We always read Luke 2 – the birth of Jesus.
If you want a family Christmas Eve tradition that will always be remembered, you might want to start with a Christmas Eve box. A Christmas Eve box is a unique gift and tradition that allows the entire family to celebrate Christmas together on Christmas Eve.
With a Christmas Eve box, you will not open random gifts or toys on Christmas Eve, you can open a gift with a purpose and make special Christmas memories.
For your convenience, this post includes affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How to Make a Christmas Eve Box
A Christmas Eve box is usually a gift for the entire family, so it’s wrapped in one large box with all the items inside.
Start with a pretty decorated Christmas box or you can wrap the box once you have all the items in the box.
Here are some ideas of gifts you can include in your Christmas Eve box:
- The Christmas Story from Luke 2
- A Christmas story to read together as a family like The Miracle of Jonathan Tomey
- A fun Christmas story like The Night Before Christmas
- New Christmas pajamas for everyone in the family
- A Classic Christmas movie like It’s a Wonderful Life or a family favorite like How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Family favorite snacks for the movie like popcorn, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and hot cocoa
- If you prefer, you could have a family game instead of the family movie. Some fun games might be Jenga, Apples to Apples or Wits and Wagers
You can create your own Christmas Eve box and include items your family would love. You can customize the box each year. It will always be a surprise.
After you open the box, have everyone put their new PJ’s and cuddle up to watch your family movie, share popcorn and sip hot cocoa. I promise your kids will want to do this every year on Christmas Eve.
If you prefer to give individual Christmas Eve boxes, you could wrap each person’s gifts in their own box instead of a shared family box.
If you are looking for more Christmas gift inspiration, 24 Days of Christmas gift ideas has gifts ideas for everyone on your Christmas list.
Do you have family Christmas Eve traditions? What would you put in your Christmas Eve box?