Kentucky Butter Cake is moist pound cake you can enjoy anytime. It’s a favorite to eat dusted with powdered sugar and a side of whipped cream or you can add strawberries or blueberries for more color and flavor.
A Kentucky Butter Cake is a classic cake. It’s the type of recipe every mom should master and have available when she needs to bake a cake for any occasion. It’s light and moist. It just melts in your mouth. You can add more flavor with your favorite berries like strawberries or blueberries.
This cake is also perfect for spring teas, bridal showers, baby showers, and graduation parties. You can also take to backyard barbeques and potluck dinners. It will be a recipe favorite friends and family request over and over again.
- 1 C unsalted sweet butter cubed at room temperature
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1/3 C unsalted sweet butter
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10″ bundt pan with butter.
- Dust the pan with flour.
- Set aside.
- Add the cake ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Put the paddle attachment on your stand mixer.
- Mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Set to the side.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze into a small saucepan.
- Heat the glaze over medium-low heat.
- While the glaze is heating on the stove continuously stir until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Do not boil.
- Prepare your bundt cake by poking holes all over the warm cake.
- Now pour the glaze on the cake into the holes as much as possible.
- Allow the cake to cool completely while still in the pan.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- Dust cake top with powdered sugar.
Serve with a side of whip cream. Garnish with strawberries or blueberries if desired.
Baking this cake a day in advance makes it more moist and flavorful.