The Happy List
This week’s Top Ten list is The Happy List: Ten Things Just for Mom to Enjoy. I saw a magazine cover with an interesting cover story, “5o Shades of Happy.” It seemed like a fun idea to share 10 things just to make Mom happy on the Top Ten list.
Mom’s Happy List – 10 Things Mom’s Can Enjoy
- Quiet time early in the morning or in the evening when everyone is asleep, and you can relax, write, or just think.
- A long nap on Sunday afternoon. Is there anything more blissful than a nap for tired moms? (Maybe a hot bubble bath).
- Your favorite coffee. I love a Grande Starbucks Cafe Mocha with whole milk and whipped cream. A few years ago, my sister shared adding whipped cream to coffee; now, coffee is not the same without whipped cream.
- Enjoy your favorite movie and have a good cry (like a Nicolas Sparks movie – has he ever had a movie that did not bring tears to your eyes?)
- Find a few minutes (even just 15) to read your favorite book in peace – no interruptions. Reading before bed is one of my favorite ways to relax when I have a chance.
- A clean house when the kids do all the work. Sitting down on the couch and putting your feet up knowing that the chores have been completed at home – dishes are clean and put in the cabinet, the laundry is done and put away, the house is dusted and vacuumed, floors are swept and mopped, toys are sort of picked-up.
- Being ready to go anywhere on time and not having to remind my children too many times to get ready, brush their teeth, and comb their hair. Bonus points for being ready to go early!
- Getting a good deal! Finding an awesome outfit or new shoes on sale 70% off.
- A great freebie. I love freebies! It’s some much fun going to the mailbox and finding a package filled with freebies (even if they are just sample sizes)!
- Hanging out with your best girlfriends. Laughing, telling stories, good music, and a glass of wine.
What makes you happy? What do you enjoy?