Today I am starting a new feature – The Tuesday Ten List on Smart Mom Smart Ideas. The Tuesday Ten list will be a weekly list of 10 education ideas or tips, time or home management tips, or interesting and fun things to do.
Since today’s list is the first Tuesday Ten list and it’s the middle of summer, I am featuring fun summer activities today. Summer is a great time for outdoor activities and fun.
Tuesday Ten – Fun Things to do on a Warm Summer Day
- Run in the sprinklers or water hose to cool off or set-up a slip-n-slide.
- Ride bikes at a local park. Explore new trails.
- Go swimming at the beach or in a lake or river (be sure to follow local safety requirements for swimming in fresh water). You could try tubing on a river.
- Make homemade lemonade and set-up a lemonade stand in your neighborhood (sell it for $.10 a cup or just share with your friends for fun).
- Read your favorite book outside under a shade tree.
- Climb trees in the park. Make your tree a fort and defend it from invaders.
- Have a real picnic (take a basket full of homemade food and a blanket) and enjoy your picnic outside on your blanket – no picnic tables (hopefully under a tree with no ants).
- Be creative and find a beautiful nature setting (at a park or on a river) and draw or paint what you see. Even if you are not artistic you can still practice and enjoy being outdoors.
- Have a water balloon fight with your children and their friends.
- Sit on your porch and enjoy the warm summer breeze in the evening and share family stories.
Bonus idea – Make homemade ice cream. Making ice cream is especially fun if you have an old fashioned ice cream churn. Be sure to let your children do all the churning.
What fun things do you like to do in the summer? Does your family have a favorite summer activity?