Did someone say it’s fall?
Did you notice the air is getting a little cooler? Summer is ending and fall is coming. The leaves are starting to change, and we see the beautiful colors of fall.
As fall begins, let’s discuss fun activities to do in the fall. Let’s make a bucket list because I know you’ll want to try these 20 fun fall activities this year.
Fun Fall Activities for Kids
It’s easy to make great family memories with these fall activities for kids.
- Roast marshmallows, make smores, and tell funny, scary ghost stories around a campfire. Fall is a great time to sit outside around a campfire and have fun with friends and family. Don’t miss out on this fall favorite; make yourself some smores.
- Go to a pumpkin festival. Pumpkin festivals (which are actually more like pumpkin fairs) are a favorite in our family. We love to take family pictures in the pumpkin patch with pumpkins all around. I started taking pictures of the kids in the pumpkin patch when they were babies. Even though they are bigger, pumpkin patch pictures are still one of my favorite fall activities.
- Drive through a forest and see all the colors changing. Stop to pick up different colored leaves.
- Fall is apple season. Go apple picking. Make caramel apples. Have an apple bobbing contest.
- Go on a hayride. Kids love hayrides! You can sing songs, tell spooky stories and have lots of giggles.
- Find a corn maze and get lost in the tall corn. Have you been to a corn maze? It’s fun to run through the different trails and try to find your way out without a map. It’s even more fun to beat your friends.
- Harvest time. Find a “you pick” farm and pick your favorite seasonal foods. My children love to go to a “you pick” farm and pick fruit and vegetables. Apples and pumpkins are fall favorites.
- Fall is a great time for camping, and sleeping under the stars, not in your tent. See how many constellations you can name and stars you can find. Try to create a map of all the stars you see. Download an app like Nightsky on your phone to help you map the stars and constellations.
- Pumpkin carving contests! Are you a master pumpkin carver? What kind of faces do you put on your pumpkins? Are they scary? Are they funny?
- Football season means you can barbecue, tailgate, watch the games with friends, and have a full weekend watching college and professional football! Who is your favorite team? I love my Arkansas Razorbacks and South Florida Bulls.
- Go to a “real” haunted house or take a “haunted” city tour. Most cities will have legends and ghost stories. Find a haunted tour and learn about the ghosts where you live.
- Rake up all the fall leaves then have a leaf confetti party. Have everyone pick up big handfuls of leaves and throw them up as high as you can. Laugh and play while the leaves drift down.
Recommended for you:
Fall is also perfect for couples’ activities.
Fall Activities for Couples
When you have a little alone time, try these fall activities for couples.
- It’s the wonderful time of the year for all things pumpkin. Take time to enjoy everything pumpkin: pumpkin muffins, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin spice latte, and pumpkin pie! What is your favorite fall pumpkin treat? Make your favorite pumpkin treats at home with these recipes.
- Enjoy the fall foliage by car, by train, or on foot.
- You can take a walk in the woods and enjoy the changing fall colors and cooler air. Fall brings so many different colors to enjoy. Try to see how many new and varying colors you can find.
- Wear your favorite fall clothes. Sweaters, scarves, and hats are pretty fall wear. Then, have a night on the town.
- Go on a romantic weekend getaway. Find a cozy cabin in the woods and spend quiet time reconnecting. Or visit a destination city like Asheville, NC.
- Enjoy a quiet evening by the fireplace. Listening to the soft sounds from the fire, relax and have a great conversation.
- Use natural fall colors for a couples photo shoot. Be creative. Find a location for your photos that are uniquely you as a couple.
- Cook your favorite fall foods together. Create a menu with warm soups, hearty chili, pumpkins, and more.
The weather during fall makes it the perfect time to enjoy fall activities with your kids or as a couple. Start making your fall bucket list now so you don’t miss any of your favorite fall activities this season.
Recommended reading: Date Night Ideas
What are your favorite fall activities?