It’s that time of the year. The seasons are starting to change. The air is getting cooler. The leaves start to change and we see the beautiful colors of fall. As fall begins, there are fun activities we can only do this time of the year. Here are 10 fun & frugal fall activities your family will love. Try a few and let me know which one is your favorite. I love all things pumpkin! What about you?
10 Fun and Frugal Fall Activities You Can Enjoy With Your Family
- Roast marshmallows, make smores and tell funny and scary ghost stories around a campfire. Fall is a great time for sitting outside around a campfire and having fun with friends and family. Don’t miss out on this fall favorite and make yourself some smores.
- Go to a pumpkin festival. Pumpkin festivals (which are actually more like pumpkin fairs) are a favorite in our family. We love to take family pictures in the pumpkin patch with pumpkins all around. I started taking pictures of the kids in the pumpkin patch when they were babies. Even though they are bigger, pumpkin patch pictures are still one of my favorite fall activities.
- You can take a walk in the woods and enjoy the changing fall colors and cooler air. Fall brings so many different colors to enjoy. Try to see how many new and varying colors you can find.
- You can go on a hayride. Kids love hayrides! You can sing songs, tell spooky stories and have lots of giggles.
- Find a corn maze and get lost in the tall stalks. Have you been to a corn maze? It’s fun to run through the different trails and try to find your way out without a map. It’s even more fun to beat your friends.
- Harvest time. Find a “you pick” farm and pick your favorite foods. My children love to go to a “you pick” farm and pick fruit and vegetables. Apples and pumpkins are fall favorites.
- You could go camping, and sleep under the stars, not in your tent. See how many constellations you can name and stars you can find. Try to create a map of all the stars you see.
- It’s the wonderful time of the year for all things pumpkin. Pumpkin coffee, lattes, pie, shakes, bread, and more… What is your favorite fall pumpkin treat?
- Pumpkin carving contests! Are you a master pumpkin carver? What kind of faces do you put on your pumpkins? Are they scary? Are they funny?
- Let’s not forget, it’s football season. You can barbecue, tailgate, watch the games with friends and have a full weekend watching college and professional football! Who is your favorite team? I love my Arkansas Razorbacks and South Florida Bulls.
The weather during fall makes it the perfect time to enjoy activities we miss during winter when it’s too cold or summer when it’s too hot. Start making your fall bucket list now so you don’t miss any of your fall favorite activities this season.
What are your favorite fall activities?