10 Creative Ways to Earn $500 Per Month Working At Home
Are you a stay at home mom that would like to add a little to your family income every month? Maybe you work full-time or part-time but would still like to increase your income with a side hustle? With a little creativity, everyone can find jobs and earn extra money working at home.
Let’s make $500 extra dollars a month your starting point. You can break $500 several different ways to determine the type of work you might complete to reach your goal. For example, you could work 10 hours during the month for $50 per hour or 20 hours for $25 per hour or you could work 5o hours for $10 per hour.
After you decide on an hourly rate for your time, you can also decide how many weeks you want to work each month. Do you want to do all the work in 1 week or just a few hours every week during the month? Remember, the more you can charge per hour for your services the fewer hours you will need to work to reach the goal.
10 Creative Ways to Earn $500 Per Month from Home
- Try Fivrr. On Fivrr, you can create simple tasks that you can complete for $5 per task. You can make additional income on Fivrr by upselling or adding services to your basic task. You might offer to complete basic proof-reading of 500 words for $5.00, or you could have an additional 250 or 500 words for an additional $5 or complete editing for an additional fee.
- Blogging. Starting a blog is not a way to make money fast, but if you work hard and build your audience, you have the potential to create a good income from your blog. With a blog, you can make money in many different ways including affiliate sales, sponsored posts, featured advertising and selling your own products. You can also offer other services like virtual assistance from your blog.
- You could be a virtual assistant. Virtual assistants offer many services. What skills do you have and what do you enjoy doing? You can probably offer these services to others virtually and add to your income each month.
- If you like to write, you could do freelance writing. There are a number of websites that will pay you to write blog posts for them. Just try Googling something like, “Paid blogging jobs”. You will get a listing for many websites where you could write blog posts and get paid.
- Review and test websites. Publishers need to know how new users feel about their website. You can be a website tester. You would provide feedback for bloggers and publishers about your first impressions of their website. You can make $10 per 20-minute review. You can find out more about being a website tester here.
- You can tutor students in a subject area you are an expert. Tutors in my area make $10 for 30 minutes or $20-$25 per hour. Since most students need weekly tutoring, you would only need 6-12 students each week (depending if they were 30 minutes or an hour) to reach your goal. You can also tutor students online.
- Have you tried direct sells or network marketing? In the past, I have tried network marketing and failed miserably. But with the internet and your ability to grow online audiences around a topic, product or service, direct sells seems like it could be a more viable option. It will take time to grow your audience.
- Can you make crafts or products to sell? What about digital products like planners (these are very popular)? You could set up an Etsy store and sell your products.
- You could be a reseller on E-bay or Craiglist. A great place to start is clean out your house and sell all the things you no longer need or use. If you set-up an E-bay store, try to focus on a specific category of products so you will get return customers.
- Do you take great photographs? Did you know you can sell your photographs? You could sell your photographs directly to customers or you could sell to a stock photography website like Shutterstock. You could also set-up a photography business and take pictures at special events like birthday parties, celebrations, weddings and more.
With a little creativity, you can come up with many ways to make an extra income at home. The possibilities for working at home are limitless.
Do you still need more guidance on making money from home or struggling to come up with ideas for how you can make money from home, I suggest reading Crystal Paine’s new book, Money Making Mom. This book will inspire you. Money Making Mom is an insightful book that shares ideas how to start a home business and how to come up with more ideas to make money from home.
This post includes affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How have you made extra money at home? What is favorite work at home job?