Favorite Recipes and Crafts from Your Favorite Christmas Movies
Have you started watching Christmas movies? Do you have a list of Christmas movies you watch and enjoy with your family each year? This year, you can have a little more fun with your Christmas movies by making crafts and recipes themed on classic family favorite Christmas movies.
To add a little fun to your Christmas movie watching this year, we have gathered 25 talented bloggers together to share with you wonderful crafts and recipes you can make this Christmas season, all based off of some of the most beloved holiday classic films. Each blogger will lead you to the next, so be sure to finish the hop all the way through to the end for all the Christmas movie goodies!
Let’s Meet The Hosts!
Megan ~ C’mon Get Crafty | Alli ~ An Alli Event | Shirley ~ Intelligent Domestications
Marie ~ DIY Adulation | RaNesha ~ Queen Thrifty | Emily ~ The Crafty Carlson
Stephanie ~ The Tip Toe Fairy | Molly ~ Just a Little Creativity | Michelle ~ Our Crafty Mom
Pam ~ P.S. I Love You Crafts | Sue ~ A Purdy Little House | Katie ~ Mommy Scene
Vanessa ~ DIY 180 | Nicole ~ For the Love of Food | Victoria ~ Dazzle While Frazzled
Stephanie ~ A Little Moore | Sam ~ Raggedy Bits | Paula ~ Paula Tisch
Courtney ~ Running with Love and Coffee | Dana ~ Emerald and Oak
Kim ~ Made in a Day | Kallee ~ Creative Southern Home | Rachel ~ Smart Mom Smart Ideas
Emily ~ Small Stuff Counts | Evelin ~ Sweet Song Bird Evey’s Creations
Easy Grinch Cookies & Punch
I am so excited to be joining with my blogger friends today to share with you a fun recipe themed from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Growing up, my sisters and I would watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas every year. The Grinch was definitely one of my Christmas favorites!
If you are having a Christmas party this year, you might want to have a Grinch themed party. You can easily make Grinch cookies and Grinch punch that guests of all ages will enjoy.
Easy Grinch Cookies
According to the movie, the Grinch tried to steal everything about Christmas from Whoville and take away Whoville’s Christmas spirit. All the gifts, all the decorations, everything. But, in the end, the Grinch learned the true meaning of Christmas and when he did his heart grew 3 sizes that day. These cookies are based on the Grinch and his heart that grew when he learned the true meaning of Christmas.
Let’s start with the Grinch cookies. I made these cookies super easy using a Betty Crocker cookie mix as the basic ingredient.
- 1 Package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter (be sure to use real butter, not margarine)
- Holiday Colored chocolate chips (including red and green chips)
- Green Food coloring
- Heart shaped cookie cutter, rolling pin
- Mix all the ingredients together as instructed on the cookie mix package (except the Chocolate chips and the food coloring). When fully mixed, add a few drops of the food coloring until you have the right green color.
- Refrigerate the dough for about an hour, but don’t let it get too hard.
- Taking small portions, roll the dough thin (but not too thin), and cut cookies with the heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place each cookie on your baking sheet and add one red chocolate chip.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until done, edges lightly browned. Be careful not to over cook.
- Place on a cookie plate and share.
Grinch Punch is an easy to make punch that has a refreshing taste your guests will enjoy. Yes, it’s green like the Grinch. But don’t let the color fool you, it tastes great!
- 1 Quart of Ginger Ale
- 1 Bottle 32 oz of Pineapple juice
- 1 Bottle 12-18 oz Grapefruit juice (optional)
- Lime Sherbert
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Green food coloring
- Punch bowl
- Mix the Ginger Ale and juices in the punch bowl. Stir carefully to mix well.
- Add a few drop of green food coloring until you have a pretty green color
- When you are ready to serve, add a few small scoops of Lime Sherbert and Vanilla Ice cream (add again if needed later)
- Serve in punch cups
Grinch cookies and punch are fun treats to have your at your Grinch party or to enjoy when you watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas with your family this year.
Next, you will want to visit The Small Stuff Counts. Emily has a beautiful craft for you based on Home Alone.
What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
Sam - Raggedy Bits says
My kids absolutely love the Grinch! Will have to surprise them with these yummy grinch Christmas treats this year when we watch the movie!!
Hi Sam, these Grinch treats are easy to make and gone before you know it.
How cute? Who knew that green food and drink would look tasty! And I love the hearts. Well done 🙂
Alli Smith says
I love the punch and the cookies! This is my grandson’s absolutely favorite movie of all. His birthday is in October and he wanted a Grinch birthday party so my daughter threw him one and he dressed up like the Grinch. It was adorable. Now I’m wanting one of your cookies!
Sue Purdy says
These cookies and punch are so sweet. Would be so fun to watch the movie and have these as a snack. Love it.
The Grinch has been a tradition in my family since I was a kid. I would happily host a Grinch party any time with these adorable treats!
This is so adorable. I love the heart cookies and the punch idea. Great for a party for sure. Thanks for sharing and I love hopping with you.