For planner lovers, it’s time to start picking your mid-year or academic planner. These planners usually start in July or August each year and run to the following June or July. Some of these planners even run to the following December. Here is my review of the 2018-2019 Best Planners for Moms.
Benefits of Mid-Year Planners
Moms find several benefits of mid-year planners.
- They start and end with the school year. When your kids are in school, it often feels like your year begins and ends with a school year, not in January.
- Many of these calendars include 17-months or 18-months so you can continue dates into the last half of the year until you start a new planner and they allow for long-term planning.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Planner
Choosing a planner is very personal. Your favorite layout and design preferences might be very different from my preferences (that’s probably why there are so many designs and layouts). Here are a few things to remember when picking the right planner for you:
- Size – do you want a purse size planner or larger desk size planner?
- Use – how do you use your planner? How much information do you track? If you track more information, you might need a larger planner.
- Layout – vertical or horizontal?
- Extra pages – do you need pages for notes, birthdays, holidays, meal planning?
- Stickers – do you like a planner that includes stickers and fun things?
- Look and Feel – do you like the overall look, feel and presentation of the planner?
Note: For your convenience, this post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
2018-2019 Best Planners for Moms
Purple Trail planners are one of my favorite planners. Purple Trail Planners can be fully customized with page layouts, cover designs, stickers, and more. You can also choose the start month and a 12-month or 18-month planner. If you have unique requirements for a planner, I recommend Purple Trail planners.
Purple Trail also offers layouts just for teachers. If you are a teacher, don’t miss these teacher planners.
2. Tools for Wisdom – Academic Year Planner
The Tools for Wisdom Academic year planner covers April 2018 through June 2019. It’s a weekly and monthly planner with a focus on goal planning (every month has pages to help you set and reach your goals).
The design features include weekly 2-page spread with vertical page layouts. The weekly layouts have daily hourly planning and top 3 tasks for each day.
3. In the Leafy Tree Tops
In the Leafy Tree Tops offers the Mormon Mom Planner and the Mom On the Go Planner (without any religious references). These planners are beautifully designed and offer lots of planning space. Each month has a 2-page spread for goals and reminders, an extra month layout for planning (i.e. meal planning, goal setting, etc…), monthly note pages and more.
Recommended for you: 2018 Best Planners for Busy Moms
4. Well Planned Day – On the Go Planner
On the Go Planner is another great planner option for busy moms. One of the reasons I love this planner is the weekly page layout. The top half of the page has space for to-do lists and the lower space on the page has an hourly appointment section to track all your appointments.
Each monthly layout has a daily Bible reading that will help you read through the Bible in 1 year. It also includes space to plan your day and homemaking tasks too. All this and it’s still small enough to fit in your purse, too.
5. Amy Knapp’s 2019 Family Organizer Planner
Take your planner everywhere with this purse size planner from Amy Knapp – the 2019 Family Organizer. It covers August 2018-December 2019. A simple planner with weekly layouts. One page of the weekly plan is for notes and planning and one page has the days of the week so you can write down daily appointments and reminders. Each week also has a perforated portion of the page you can pull out as a shopping list.
Amy Knapp’s planner also comes in the Christian Family Organizer design. With this planner, the weekly planner pages have a praise and prayer request section.
Don’t forget your planner accessories.
What’s your favorite planner? What type of planner design do you prefer?