While February is the shortest month of the year, that doesn’t mean you can’t fill your days with fun February activities.
February is the month of love. The activities and ideas below are great ways to spend a little extra time with your family and loved ones.
Depending on where you live, February might be a colder month, and you might prefer to stay indoors. Or you might be adventurous and want to get out. Here are 28 things you can try for February fun.
28 Things To Do for February Fun
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a special dinner or activity with your loved ones.
- Visit a winter-themed festival or carnival to enjoy seasonal activities and entertainment.
- Take a winter hike or nature walk to appreciate the beauty of the season.
- Attend a cultural event or performance, such as a concert, play, or art exhibit.
- Try a new winter sport, such as ice skating, skiing, or snowboarding.
- Host a cozy movie night with friends or family, complete with popcorn and blankets. Be sure and pick a fun rom-com.
- Volunteer at a local charity or organization to give back to the community. You could volunteer for one Saturday or a few times a month.
- Plan a weekend getaway to a nearby city or town for a change of scenery.
- Organize a game night with friends and family for some lighthearted fun. Ask everyone to bring their favorite table game. Let the group decide which game/games to try.
- Explore a new hobby or activity, such as painting, cooking, or photography.
- Attend a cooking class or workshop to learn new recipes and techniques. Choose a class that teaches winter cooking, like soups and stews.
- Take a day trip to a nearby museum, zoo, or aquarium for an educational experience. Try to pick a place with a special history in February.
- Plan a DIY spa day at home with homemade facemasks, massages, and relaxation. Invite a few friends and share your best spa day ideas and recipes.
- Host a potluck dinner or brunch with friends to share delicious homemade dishes.
- Start a new book or join a book club to indulge in some literary adventures.
- Visit a local farmers’ market or food festival to sample seasonal goodies.
- Plan a romantic picnic in a scenic outdoor location, weather permitting.
- Try out a new restaurant or café to savor different cuisines and flavors.
- Take a dance or fitness class to stay active and energized during the winter months.
- Have a girls-only Valentine’s Day cookie-baking day. Gather your friends and family and make your favorite Valentine’s-themed cookies.
- Create a vision board or set new goals for the year ahead.
- Plan a visit to a botanical garden or greenhouse to admire winter blooms.
- Attend a sports event or game to cheer on your favorite team or players.
- Host a themed party, such as a masquerade ball or costume party, for a memorable gathering.
- Take time for self-reflection and gratitude, and set intentions for the coming months.
- Host a DIY craft night with friends.
- Plan a visit to a local zoo or aquarium.
- Take a day to declutter and organize your living space. If going through your whole house is too much, choose one room or area to declutter and organize.
- Bonus – have a Galentine’s Day party or get together with your girlfriends.
Even though February is a short month, you can fill it with fun activities to share with friends and family. You can try new sports, learn a new skill (like cooking or painting), and work on home organizing and decluttering projects.