Do you struggle with keeping your social media calendar filled? Do you sit down each week to schedule your social media posts only to find you have nothing to write or don’t know what to say?
To get your social media calendar filled quickly, you need a social media plan. One way to plan your social media content calendar is to use pre-written social media post ideas or social media prompts.
I love using social media prompts because they help me quickly post to my Facebook page, Facebook groups, Twitter, and Instagram. With prewritten social media post ideas, I just use the post written for today or slightly edit it and I’m ready to share my content.
When you have the right social media content, you can get your audience more engaged by asking questions, sharing stories, asking advice or “how-to” type questions.
Here are 51 social media post ideas you can use to fill your social media calendar:
- Share a funny story that happened to you recently.
- Share an inspirational quote or image with an inspirational quote.
- Ask your audience to share their dreams/goals for this year/this month/this week.
- Freebie Friday – ask the audience to share a recent freebie they saw or heard about.
- Share a resource you love.
- Ask your audience to fill in the blanks – “If I had ________________, I would _________.”
- Share an idea for dinner. Ask everyone to link to their favorite recipes.
- Share a fun childhood memory. Ask everyone else to share a memory.
- Use Nationaldaycalendar.com – comment on today’s national day.
- Share a recent blog post.
- Share something new you have learned recently. Ask your followers to share something they have learned.
- Offer a freebie from your website.
- Share an old post from your blog (something from 1 year ago or even 2 or 3 years ago).
- Share a book recommendation. Ask your followers what they are reading?
- Share an inspiring story (personal or that you found on the Internet).
- Create and share a video your audience will enjoy.
- Ask for advice or help with a problem you are having.
- Create a “Top 5” post. Example “Top 5 Ways to …”
- Share a helpful chart, graph or infographic.
- Create a poll – ask your followers to respond.
- Share a time-saving tip or idea.
- Ask your audience to share their best organizing tips…
- Share a selfie of something fun you are doing today (selfie’s help your followers get to know you personally).
- Offer a coupon or discount for one of your products.
- Play Would you rather…. Ask your audience a would you rather style question?
- Throwback Thursday: Ask what is your favorite song from your teen years?
- Ask your followers their favorite way to relax.
- Share a post you enjoy from another blogger friend or influencer recently.
- Share one of your hobbies or special interests. Ask your audience about their hobbies.
- Create a challenge – i.e. a 5-day or 7-day challenge and post a new step or day of the challenge each day on social media.
- Share a round-up – best products, best blog posts, favorite bloggers
- Allow your audience a share day
- Share “On this day in history… “ fact. People love trivia.
- Share what it’s like to have “day in your life”. Highlight moments/experiences your audience will relate to.
- Ask your audience – what was the brand/style of your first cell phone?
- Share your favorite app.
- Share a mistake you have made, and what you learned from it. Ask your followers to share.
- Ask your audience to share their favorite podcasts.
- Ask – what you love about summer (or spring, fall or winter)?
- Share an article with a helpful tip your audience will love.
- Throwback Thursday, ask what is your favorite TV show from your childhood/teen years?
- Share – “Here’s what I’m doing right now…” take a selfie to share with it.
- Ask your followers, “what do you miss about school?”
- Share 5 ideas for fun on a rainy/snowy day.
- Ask, If you had a million dollars, but had to give it away, who would you give it to? How would you share it?
- Ask your audience, “What’s your favorite afternoon snack food?”
- Share something new you have been working on.
- Ask for best shows to watch on Netflix for moms, for kids (adjust to fit your audience)
- Finish this sentence, “The first time I tried to ____________________, it was a complete _________________.”
- Share your most embarrassing moment. Ask your audience to share.
- Share an inspirational TED Talk video or other inspirational video.
More Social Media Calendar Content
If you loved the social media calendar ideas above, then get 365 days of Social Media Calendar ideas and social media prompts to keep your social media calendar filled every day of the year.
With these 365 Social Media Calendar prompts, you will have something to write on social media every day of the year.
Grab your Social Media Content Calendar today and take the stress out of keeping your social media calendar full.
PIN IT FOR LATER: