What is your favorite summer activity? What was your favorite summer activity as a child? I remember as a child enjoying swimming and water activities like going to the beach and water parks. Growing up in Florida, summer seemed to last a long time.
Summertime means more time for play. No school, no homework. What will you do this summer to enjoy your time with your children more this summer?
21 Summer Activities You Can Do to Bond with Your Child
- Run and pick flowers in a meadow.
- Read a book aloud. Pick a favorite book from your childhood or a book you always wanted to read but missed.
- Make your favorite cookies and dunk them in hot chocolate.
- Play a favorite board game or have family game night.
- Go to the ice cream shoppe on a hot Saturday afternoon and get banana splits to share.
- Tickle and cuddle at bedtime.
- Tell stories about your day at dinner time. (Bonus: everyone always has to come to dinner at the dinner table, no toys or electronics allowed.)
- Have a tea party. Tea parties are a favorite at our house.
- Build a sand castle.
- Catch butterflies or fireflies.
- Ride bikes and have races to see who is fastest. (Bonus – have a contest to see who has the best tricks)
- Be a Lego Master Builder and build Lego projects without the directions!
- Have a scavenger hunt at the park. What will you find?
- Play dress-up. Use all of mom’s high heeled shoes.
- Let your child give you a special concert, program or show, and you be the audience. Be the loudest fan.
- Color pictures or paint together.
- Work on homework or other subjects together. Try to improve a subject your child struggles with in school.
- Imagine funny shapes looking at the clouds.
- Work in the family garden.
- Make fresh iced lemonade to share.
- Let your child pick their favorite activity.
Summer is a great time for family fun.
How do you like to bond with your child? What are your favorite summer activities?