Back to school.
Three words that strike terror in the hearts of moms and at the same time make moms rejoice. Terror because it’s time to get back into the school routines, schedules, and dreaded homework! Rejoicing as summer ends it’s time to get back to the regular daily schedule with school. To help you prepare for back to school, you will find back to school tips and ideas on this page to help you save time, save money, plan your routines and be ready for the start of school.
Note: for your convenience, this page includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Back to School Tips for a Successful School Year
- Get plenty of rest. Go to bed by early enough so you get 8-10 hours of sleep every night.
- Use a planner to track homework, assignments, and projects. Planners are great for all grades.
- Have a set study time every day for homework and assignments.
- Don’t wait till the last minute to complete projects.
- Set goals. Have weekly goals, monthly goals, and 9-week goals. Frequently check progress and adjust based on your results.
- Avoid distractions. Turn off electronic devices and games. Focus on studies during study time.
- Start the day with a good breakfast. It’s hard to focus when you are thinking about how hungry you are.
- Pay attention during class and take notes on your lesson. Work assignments during class when you have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Work hard, then give yourself a break. For example, work focused for 30 minutes, then take a 5-minute break, but no longer, then get back to work.
- Celebrate success. When you reach a goal, celebrate. Give yourself a small reward for reaching your goal.
Preparing for Back to School
How to Prepare for Back to School (Don’t miss these easy tips for a stress-free start to the school year)
10 Tips for Planning Ahead for the New Homeschool Year (Don’t miss these great tips for all moms)
Back to School Routines That Work
School Lunch Box Ideas
Back to School Shopping
One of my least favorite parts of Back to School time is Back to School shopping. Did you know that you can do all your Back to School shopping right on Amazon and have everything shipped right to your door? No crowds, no sorting through bins of supplies – just easy online shopping. If you have Amazon Prime, most items can be ordered and arrive within 2 days (be sure to verify delivery dates before completing your order).
Make Over Your Mornings is one of the best courses I have taken to help me change my morning habits and get my day started right. If you struggle with your mornings or feel you never accomplish anything for all the work you do all day, Make Over Your Mornings is for you.
You will learn simple changes you can make to your morning and how you plan your day to make every day a success.
The companion course is Make Over Your Evenings. This course will help you make the plan you need each night so you can make the most of every day. If you struggle with evening routines and getting the most important things done before bed, this course will help you focus, get things done and enjoy your evenings.
More Back to School Ideas & Tips
Now you have a plan for an organized start to your school year, back to school should be less stress and more fun.
PIN IT FOR LATER: